Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Easter is just around the corner and I have totally got your guts looked after with my Guilt Free Easter eBook (you can find the details for this at the bottom of the post) in the mean time here is my deliciously healthy carrot cake cupcake recipe! Perfect for any and every day of the year but taste the best at Easter I believe.
There will be a dairy free & gluten free Hot Cross Bun recipe coming this weekend... #staytuned
servings: 12 // prep time: 10 minutes, baking: 30 minutes
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup carrot, grated
1 cup pineapple pieces
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pre heat fan-forced oven to 175'C and line a muffin tray.
- Blend oats into a fine flour consistency. Add all other ingredients and blend to combine allowing pineapple, carrot and walnuts to breakdown in batter to make a smoother consistency.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups ready to go into the oven.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes check they are cooked with a skewer if it comes out dry they are ready to remove from the oven if not bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or if not iced on the bench for a couple of days. Can also freeze the cupcakes.
You will find a cashew cheese & coconut cream dairy free icing recipe in my Guilt Free Easter eBook which goes perfectly with these cupcakes - featured in images below!
To make cupcake recipe gluten free substitute in gluten free flour blend in replacement of oats. Or you can alter the recipe to 2 cups of almond meal removing the oats completely however the cupcakes will be a little more dense.
Coconut oil can also be substituted to olive oil if you have a coconut allergy.
You can also have this cupcake recipe as chunky or as smooth as you like you control this in that second blending stage when combining all of the cupcake ingredients.
Easter eBook recipes include:
caramel filling + more filling ideas
chocolate bird nests
carrot cake bliss balls
carrot cake cupcakes
coconut cashew frosting
raw carrot cake cheesecake
baked gf carrot cake w kombucha & pineapple icing
caramel choc fudge brownies
hot cross bun bliss balls
Caters for: paleo, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan & vegetarian.