Gut Loving Green Smoothie
servings: 1 -2 // prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups Kombucha (or coconut water/water)
- 1 handful baby spinach or any sad looking greens from the fridge (I freeze these also)
- 1 raw zucchini, chopped & frozen
- 1 raw cucumber, chopped & frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 2cm knob ginger
- juice 1 lime & zest
- sprigs fresh mint
- 1 heaped tbsp collagen (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and process until smooth.
If ever my ginger or turmeric or lemons/limes are starting to look a little sad I just chuck them straight into my freezer and put them into smoothies or grate it into main meals.
Also whenever you add vegetables into the freezer as they have a high water content the water expands and partially breaks down the fibres allowing them to blend smoothie and become less stringy/chewy!