Tomato & Zucchini Baked Eggs
This is one of those one pot wonders. The ideal breakfast dish to make when you are having people around because it is just that easy and oh so delicious! It is also a great way to consume at least 2 to 3 serves of vegetables in your breakfast as well as hide green vegetables in there for your kids.
If you have fresh herbs in your garden play around with the flavour and add whatever spices you want, turmeric is always a great one to incorporate into your dishes because it is a powerful and natural anti inflammatory.
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced (optional)
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped separately
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan that has a lid.
- On a medium heat add onion, chilli, zucchini, garlic and coriander stalks and cook until soft (approx 5 mins).
- Add chorizo and brown on either side, once browned add the canned tomatoes, spices and sugar, allow to cook for 10 minutes until sauce bubbles and becomes thick.
- Using the back of a large spoon, make 4 or 6 dips in the sauce depending on how big your fry pan is and how many eggs you want.
- Crack an egg into each dip and put the lid on the pan, cook on a low heat for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Tom and I devoured ours with fresh homemade sourdough and herbs on top