Coconut Turmeric Rice
This recipe is the perfect 5 ingredient anti inflammatory side dish to accompany your dinner, lunch or breakfast (because there is no such thing as 'breakfast food') and it is so easy to prepare!
Turmeric is a fat soluble vitamin which means that it requires fat to be present in a meal for your body to affectively absorb it and utilise the benefits of it, hence the addition of coconut cream in this recipe. By cooking the rice in bone broth or broth concentrate it provides the added benefits of gelatin to the meal which helps to repair and rebuild your digestive system.
It is believed inflammation is the root cause of disease, so I believe we can all do with a little more anti-inflammatory foods in our diet especially this time of year after Christmas, New Years and Australia Day weekend. Enjoy!
serving: 4-6 // prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups brown or basmati rice
- 3 cups chicken bone broth/stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2-3 tbsp turmeric ground
- season sea salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- If adding the optional ingredients, melt the butter in a saucepan on a low to medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Stir through the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve, or store in the fridge.
Note: you can use 1-2tbsp of bone broth concentrate and just 3 cups of water instead of 3 cups of stock/bone broth. I use the Meadow & Marrow bone broth concentrate.
If not using the optional ingredients just add the ingredients straight to the saucepan to bring to the boil and simmer for 15-17 minutes.