Choc Granola Slice
servings: 15-20 // prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or spelt flour/buckwheat)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut (or macadamia/olive oil)
- 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate buttons/chunks
- 1 cup granola (or mixed nuts & dried fruit)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160'C and line a 20cm baking tray with baking paper, set aside.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, sugar and cinnamon to a bowl, combine with a fork.
- Add eggs, coconut oil and combine until a dough/batter consistency is formed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tray and press all of the leftover 'topping' ingredients into the mixture (like above image). NOTE: make sure you spread them evenly so the slice is easy to cut and doesn't crumble due to large chunks of granola/chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in the fridge for up to a week.
NOTE: Coconut flour & almond meal combination for the slice will make it the slightest bit 'crumbly' due to no gluten holding it all together however it will still work perfectly as a lunchbox, morning tea/afternoon snack and won't fall apart.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You can add any toppings, dried fruit, chocolate, nuts, seeds you desire and in whatever quantities. Definitely curbs the sweet cravings as a 'healthy' snack alternative and you decide what ingredients you add to it.
Make sure you tag me and share your creations & feedback I love to hear if you love the recipes IG: @sofievankempen #sofievankempen or FB: Heal Your Gut.