4 Ingredient Lemon & Coconut Balls
I have just arrived home after a few days away at Gwinganna Health Retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland. I did the women's discover program after having my operation for endometriosis a couple of weeks ago - talk about perfect timing. I am currently writing a blog about my endo experience so I will elaborate more on that.
However, the most amazing thing about Gwinganna is the quality of food you are fed. Now don't get me wrong Tom and I eat incredibly well and grow our own food but seriously the food you eat for every meal at Gwinganna is just above and beyond! They focus all of your meals around whole foods and it has really inspired me to get creative in the kitchen again however keeping it simple.
So here we are 4 ingredient lemon & coconut bliss balls such an easy snack recipe full of healthy fats to help keep you satisfied in between or after meals. If you are use to really sweet sugary snacks these may take a little for your tastebuds to adapt but they will learn to love them. Enjoy x
servings: 24 // prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups cashews
- juice + zest of 2 lemons
- 1-2 tbsp honey (as required)
- 1 tsp turmeric (for anti inflammatory benefits)
- pinch of sea salt
- Add cashews to a food processor and blend until a fine crumbly meal.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to measure and roll into balls.
- Store in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for a couple of months.
- make vegan - use rice malt or maple syrup
- you can use lime instead of lemon if you would prefer
- substitute almond meal for cashews or sunflower/flaxseed meal to make lunch box friendly if nuts aren't allowed at school.